Monday, 10 September 2007

Nice Weekend


Well I went out on Friday night to celebrate my friends birthday, we all dressed up as gangsters for the night as this was the theme she picked for the night. It was a good night had by all, think my friend was a bit worse for where but good night!

Then on Saturday went to a body shop function with my mum, which was good cos I get a free goodies bag full of loads of products worth £50. I also obviously got to spend the day with my mum so that was nice. At this event they had a really mad guy and his band who played the African drums. He was trying to demonstrate the importance of putting in 100% effort to get good results for your business. This got me thinking regarding the Alpha Course. If we put in 100% effort regarding inviting people and making people aware of the course then we will get good results in the number of people attending.


Therefore On Sunday I tried to take the drumming concept into church. Got the congregation slapping the legs, faster and slower to reflect the effort that could be put into telling people about alpha and inviting people. Faster speed to represent alot of effort, low speed for low effort. I guess you had to be there to understand what the point was but I think people in church got it so we'll see. One of my friends at church has already got 7 confirmed guests so shes really putting in the effort.


No comments: